Friday, August 31, 2012

Wish List

I posted this to Facebook on August 30:

I have a wish list; it‘s not very long:

~I want ALL my friends to be able to marry the person they love and NONE of them to fear losing their job or home because they happen to be a member of a sexual minority.

~If one of my daughters or granddaughters is ever raped and gets pregnant I want her to have easy access to a safe and legal abortion without anyone, politician or otherwise, standing between her and her doctor.

~I want people of faith to respect and honor their differences and realize there is much to be learned from those of other faiths.

~I want the minimum wage to be a living wage.

~I want intelligence, not willful ignorance, to be a virtue.

~I want science taught in science class and mythology taught in literature class.

No comments:

Post a Comment